Sunday, January 07, 2007

Pigskin predictions

Bang for the Bucks
With the college football National Championship just hours away, it was officially time to place my bet, not with a bookie, but with my grandma.

Five bucks is on the line, so I took Ohio State and gave my grandma the Gators plus seven.

There's not a doubt in my mind that the Bucks will hand Jim Tressel another national title.

Ohio State is just too strong for Florida in every sense, and if Troy Smith gets hot, watch out.

Plus, I can't stand Florida's two quarterback system. Why? I simply find it annoying. Do I need a better reason?

And while I'm on the subject of UF, I don't think they deserve to be in this game to begin with. Why? I simply don't this they're that good. Do I need a better reason?

Florida's inability to compete with Ohio state will become blatantly clear when insane, and perhaps inane, OSU fans start flipping cars in Columbus after the Bucks take down the Gators. Although, they'd probably flip cars anyway. Buckeye loyalists never need much of a reason to do that...

Eagles will land
Jeff Garcia was able to lead Philadelphia to a wild-card win today, but I don't think his success as the starting QB will last much longer.

This week Sports Illustrated featured the balding Eagle on its cover, though the SI jinx won't be to blame when Philly's season ends next week. It's the fact that Garcia has done nothing in his career.

He always came up short in San Fran, went to Cleveland and did zip and has now bounced his way around the league to the City of Brotherly Love.

But the Eagles won't find any love in the playoffs, just heartache. Because, mark my word, Garcia ain't the man and he'll show that come this Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home